Business Development Manager
This is an exciting opportunity for a proven Business Development Manager/ Software Sales Professional to join a growing team, to drive the launch of our AutoCoding product, in its latest global release form.
The AutoCoding software stack encompasses a wide range of technologies and frameworks, from highly interactive web-based User Interfaces to low-level device drivers. The latest product is the first to come from the dedicated in-house product development team -and has the benefit of many successful overseas’ implementations.
We use a variety of technologies including C#.NET, WPF, WCF and a range of web technologies including ASP.NET, MVC4, JQuery, and AJAX. We are a team that embraces new developments within software development, including NOSQL databases and responsive, interactive web technologies.
Our product has multiple sales channels including end-users, OEMs and distributor partners.
As a Business Development Manager you will instigate and lead opportunities and respond to new enquiries, mostly involving customer meetings, presentations, quotation/ proposals and on-site surveys. In this role you will be expected to work unsupervised and largely on your own initiative; always however with the available support and guidance from your manager/ colleagues. We have a dedicated Marketing team, as well as an extremely experienced Technical Support Group for all and any pre-sales matters.
You will be a quick learner, motivated by challenges and not fazed by high expectations.
You will have an excellent sales performance track record in software related sales of an industrial/ system integration nature and have an all-round comprehension of the industrial software industry and its leading products, etc.
Our Sales team is built on responsibility and ownership – we expect you to relish the prospect of achieving blue-chip customer sales with a highly innovative product and the establishment of long term customer/ partner relationships. Whilst the majority of our customers to date have been from the food and beverage industry our products are adaptable to other markets.
There are currently two current vacancies, one for the North/ North West and the other for the South/ South East.
- A highly proactive approach to business development with a demonstrable proven track record
- Comprehension of leading industrial software technologies and products
- An Honours based first degree in a technical/ engineering background
- Great communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Commercial negotiation skills
- Excellent personal standards
- Experience or knowledge of the “system integration” industry
- Evidence of further personal and professional development and attendance of training in progressive sales techniques and methods
Our ethos is simple; great teams are built by great people. If you are enthusiastic, passionate and driven by commercial challenges; then we have a place for you within our Sales team.
You will be:
- Enthusiastic, determined and self-motivated
- Passionate about business development and sales success
- Easy going with a sense of humour
- Reliable, hard-working
The role will initially report directly to the Managing Director/ Sales Director
The role is home-based.
Benefits & Remuneration:
- A highly competitive, above industry standard basic salary
- Performance linked remuneration bonus
- A 6% Contributory pension scheme (available when six months’ probation is successfully completed)
- 25 Days Holiday (plus Bank Holidays)
- Company vehicle, mobile, laptop, etc
Our objective is to provide high quality automation solutions across packaging line operations for a broad range of industries, including food and beverage. To deliver against our customers’ expectations we need innovative, committed people who are capable of working alone, but just as comfortable working as part of a larger team.