We are fortunate to still be enjoying a period of global growth as more and more factories are recognising the benefits factory automation can bring. Additionally, our recent acquisition by JBT Corporation has opened up new markets leading to a strong uptake in interest in our solutions, with substantial orders being taken not only in the UK, but also by our subsidiaries in Chicago and Melbourne.
We are now looking to recruit one Systems Integration Engineer to join our UK team.
For a full job specification, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Systems Integration Engineer
To support our growth, we require a new member to join Systems Engineering team. The day to day duties will be varied in composition including management of customer communications and leadership of project activity, installation of hardware on customer sites, supporting end-users, working with integrators, and conducting site training. The role will also include deployment of software and configuration of systems both remotely via VPN and from clients’ sites throughout the UK and Europe, with the possibility of travel to USA and rest of the world.
Summary of Role
- Acting as onsite project lead, for co-ordination activities and relevant communication of project tasks.
- Utilising your software, electrical and mechanical skills to install, troubleshoot and support the end to end solution to a high standard and in an efficient time scale.
- Configuring hardware devices such as HMIs, PCs, PLCs, Barcode scanners, Vision equipment and industrial coders.
- Fault find on Ethernet and RS232, using electrical and software skills.
- Undertake customer training from the basic line operation to full system training.
- Be able to communicate and lead discussions with a wide customer audience.
- Configure the end to end solution to enable integration from line side through to ERP/ MES type systems.
- Conduct project analysis such as packaging, hardware and system implementation surveys.
- Provide assistance during technical pre-sales process by identifying customers technical requirements.
- Identify and escalate issues to relevant departments, when necessary.
- Provide support to our customers via a Help Desk and onsite visits as required.
You will have:
- At least 3 years of experience working in an engineering role, preferably as a project or vision systems engineer
- Degree in relevant field i.e. Engineering, Computer Science
- Be able to demonstrate mechanical skills that have been acquired
- Strong appetite to learn and use our own software and 3rd party software systems
- You will take an innovative approach to problem solving and be able to utilise and share knowledge with others in the team and across the company
- A basic understanding of TCP/IP networks
- Ability to prioritise issues and escalate when necessary
- End user and project team training skills
- Excellent client facing skills
- You will be flexible and willing to undertake support across the UK, Europe and potentially other areas of the world. Notice always provided.
- Full UK passport and UK driving license
For further information about this role, please email email@example.com
Our objective is to provide high quality automation solutions across packaging line operations for a broad range of industries, including food and beverage. To deliver against our customers’ expectations we need innovative, committed people who are capable of working alone, but just as comfortable working as part of a larger team.