To support significant client demand and strategic partnerships for our software solutions, we require a new Workshop Engineer.
Workshop Engineer roles and responsibilities
- Build the AutoCoding designed panels
- Image and burn-in test PC’s
- Prepare parts for installation on site
- Basic fault-finding skills
- Take full responsibility for quality of work
- PLC programming
- Attend customers’ sites to install panels and bracketry
- Provide weekly reports and site reports when out on project work
- Learn the project engineer role
Required Skills & Experience
- BTEC or National Diploma in an engineering discipline
- Ability to read and interpret electrical drawings
- Ability to follow detailed instructions
- PC literate
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking
- Must be flexible to take on additional tasks for the company
- Good practical engineering skills
Not required but beneficial…
- NVQ level 2 in electrical/mechanical engineering
- 18th Edition qualified
Self-confidence to challenge assumptions, great attention to detail, team-player, friendly with an enthusiastic service-minded “can do” manner towards colleagues, customers and suppliers. Smartly presented and professional outlook and attitude. Self-motivated and keen to learn.
The role will report to the Senior Workshop engineer day to day.
The role will be based from the workshop in Sutton Weaver, but will require travel to sites around the UK and possibly further depending on business needs.
Benefits & Remuneration:
Previous workshop engineers have progressed internally in the business so there is scope for career progression with the right attitude.
NVQ and 18th edition qualifications and vocational training can be provided by the business as applicable.
A pension scheme is available when 3 months’ probation is successfully completed.
Interested in applying for this position?
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your CV
Our objective is to provide high quality automation solutions across packaging line operations for a broad range of industries, including food and beverage. To deliver against our customers’ expectations we need innovative, committed people who are capable of working alone, but just as comfortable working as part of a larger team.