We are still enjoying a period of global growth as more and more factories are recognising the benefits factory automation can bring. Additionally, our recent global partnership agreement with the international sensor solutions company, SICK AG, has led to a strong uptake in interest in our solutions, with substantial orders being taken not only in the UK, but also by our subsidiaries in Chicago and Melbourne.
Although we have filled most of our recent vacancies, we are still looking for a Project Engineer to join our UK team.
For a full job specification, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
To support significant client demand and strategic partnerships for our AutoCoding System we require a new member of our project engineering team. The day to day duties will be varied in composition including management of customer communications and leadership of project activity, installation of hardware on customer sites, supporting end-users, working with integrators, and conducting site training. The role will also include deployment of software and configuration of systems both remotely via VPN and from clients’ sites throughout the UK and Europe, with the possibility of travel to USA and rest of the world.
Summary of Role
- Acting as onsite project lead, for co-ordination activities and relevant communication of project tasks.
- Utilising your software, electrical and mechanical skills to install, troubleshoot and support the end to end solution to a high standard and in an efficient time scale.
- Configuring hardware devices such as HMIs, PCs, PLCs, barcode scanners, vision equipment and industrial coders.
- Fault finding on Ethernet and RS232, using electrical and software skills.
- Undertake customer training from the basic line operation to full system training.
- Configure the end to end solution to enable integration from line side through to ERP/ MES type systems.
- Conduct project analysis such as packaging, hardware and system implementation surveys.
- Liaise with the development and solutions teams within the company to allow thorough testing of new devices before drivers are released to site engineers and integrators.
- To be part of the Out of Hours rota and take calls from customer sites and resolve issues.
You will have:
- At least 5 years’ experience working in an engineering role, preferably as a project engineer.
- A minimum of NVQ Level 3 in relevant electrical discipline
- A minimum of HNC in relevant engineering discipline
- The ability to demonstrate mechanical skills that have been acquired
- Strong appetite to learn and use our own software and 3rd party software systems.
- A basic understanding of TCP/IP networks
- End user and project team training skills
- Flexibility and a willingness to undertake support across the UK, Europe and potentially other areas of the world.
- Full UK passport and UK driving license
For further information about this role, please email email@example.com
Our objective is to provide high quality automation solutions across packaging line operations for a broad range of industries, including food and beverage. To deliver against our customers’ expectations we need innovative, committed people who are capable of working alone, but just as comfortable working as part of a larger team.