Systems Integration Engineer, Melbourne, Australia
AutoCoding Systems Pty (ACS) is an industry leading specialist software/automation company, which specialises in device automation and data integrity solutions in and around the packaging line environment. With Head Office located in the UK, our solutions are deployed globally.
We pride ourselves in fostering a genuine team culture, only employing the brightest minds and work collaboratively across different functions to deliver world class projects.
Based in Melbourne, you are required to support significant client demand and strategic partnerships for our AutoCoding system. To support our growth, we require a new member of our Systems Engineering team.
The day to day duties will be varied in composition including management of customer communications and leadership of project activity, installation of hardware on customer sites, supporting end-users, working with integrators, and conducting site training. The role will also include deployment of software and configuration of systems both remotely via VPN and from clients’ sites.
The business is seeking to employ a Systems Integration Engineer who will undertake and lead the roll-out of software and hardware systems to both our existing and newly acquired customer base.
As a Systems Integration Engineer, your role will include:
- Acting as onsite project lead, for co-ordination activities and relevant communication of project tasks.
- Utilising your software, electrical and mechanical skills to install, troubleshoot and support the end to end solution to a high standard and in an efficient time scale.
- Configuring hardware devices such as HMIs, PCs, PLCs, Barcode scanners, Vision equipment and industrial coders.
- Fault find on Ethernet and RS232, using electrical and software skills.
- Undertake customer training from the basic line operation to full system training.
- Be able to communicate and lead discussions with a wide customer audience.
- Configure the end to end solution to enable integration from line side through to ERP/ MES type systems.
- Conduct project analysis such as packaging, hardware and system implementation surveys.
- Provide assistance during technical pre-sales process by identifying customers technical requirements
- Identify and escalate issues to relevant departments when necessary.
- Provide support to our customers via a Help Desk and onsite visits as required
Required Skills & Experience
- At least 5 years of experience working in an engineering role, preferably as a systems engineer
- Knowledge and practitioner skills of other Microsoft SQL tools including SSRS, SSAS, SSIS
- Strong appetite to learn and use our own software and 3rd party software systems
- You will take an innovative approach to problem solving and be able to utilise and share knowledge with others in the team and across the company
- A good understanding of TCP/IP networks
- Ability to prioritise issues and escalate when necessary
- End user and project team training skills
- Excellent client facing skills
- You will be flexible and willing to undertake support across Australia, New Zealand and potentially other areas of the world. Notice always provided.
- Passport and driving license
Not required but beneficial…
- Experience of industrial devices and communication protocols
- Experience with relevant project management philosophies such as Prince2, Agile
- Understanding of Vision devices and associated applications using hardware from Sick, Cognex, Omron, other.
Self-confidence to challenge assumptions, great attention to detail, team-player, friendly with an enthusiastic service-minded “can do” manner towards colleagues, customers and suppliers. Smartly presented and professional outlook, work ethic and attitude. Self-motivated and keen to learn.
Benefits & Remuneration
A highly competitive, above industry standard basic salary
A car allowance, laptop and phone will be made available as part of the role
For a confidential discussion, please call Dean Rockstro, Director
*Note: We will not accept unsolicited CVs from recruitment agencies/third parties and we will not be liable or responsible for any fees or costs associated with unsolicited CVs sent directly to line managers.
Our objective is to provide high quality automation solutions across packaging line operations for a broad range of industries, including food and beverage. To deliver against our customers’ expectations we need innovative, committed people who are capable of working alone, but just as comfortable working as part of a larger team.